Monday, January 4, 2010

I have had this blog for a few months now and still have not posted anything. I always get ideas and have a hard time with follow-through. Well, today is the day...

I have been reading "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers and read this..."There are times when you cannot understand why you cannot do what you want to do. When God brings the blank space, see that you do not fill it, but wait. The blank spaces may come in order to teach you what sanctification means, or it may come after sanctification to teach you what service means. Never run before God's guidance. If there is the slightest doubt, then He is not guiding. Whenever there is doubt--don't."

Chambers goes on to explain that when we wait on God's timing to do things, we are prepared and we save ourselves from heart-ache. I think we still feel deep emotion and it is hard to follow God's will at times, but He does equip us to wholeheartedly follow Him.

I am in a blank space right now. I need to wait on God's timing and be content where I am at but its difficult, especially not knowing what God has in store. God has me here for a reason. He is showing me that I have opportunity here to minister, but because its not how I thought it would be, I have been blind to those opportunities.I have no doubt I am where God wants me. I have a job at a Christian agency, so I have encouragement from co-workers to minister and witness to those I come in contact with at work. I have a friend living with me who will willingly go with me on Saturdays to serve at Wellspring or where ever we find God leading us. I have a family that has said they will support me and go with me to minister to people in and around Atlanta.

So, what's my problem? What is stopping me? I am. I was talking to a friend Saturday and he point blankly told me that. You know, he's one of those friends :) He is right though. I am the reason I am frustrated that life isn't what I thought it would be. I am the reason it is hard to follow God and wait on His timing. How appropriate  is it that I am teaching about God's timing and patience on Wednesday night to the kids.

God's timing is perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading what my good friends write! Thank you for doing this blog. I hope it will be encouraging to us both.

    Also, I'm reading Charles Spurgeon's _Morning and Evening_. Devotions are fantastic tools to prepare for reading Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caleb!
    I read Spurgeon's devotions a few years ago. I actually woke up early in the summertime so I would have a chance to read it and have quiet time. I remember the book being very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete