Friday, January 29, 2010

Filling in Blank Spaces

Hey Everyone!!
I am so excited and I have to share this you guys.

Back in September or October, I emailed this ministry called Street GRACE about volunteering. Street GRACE is a ministry that works with organizations in the Atlanta area to provide physical needs, education, and mentoring to youth who are at risk of abuse, and child trafficking. I can't remember how I heard about them, but when I read their website I knew I wanted to work with them.

So, like I said I emailed them last Fall and never heard from them. I convinced myself it was God closing that door and I should just keep looking. Well, yesterday they emailed me back and said they had trouble with the email and so they were backlogged with hundreds of emails they could not read and respond to. Recently they had been able to get in there and respond. They apologized and gave me a name and email of the lady who is in charge of volunteers. I contacted her yesterday and filled out an application to volunteer. This morning I had an email form the lady, Amy, and another email about my application. Now, I have a profile I can log into and see the opportunities out there for me.

Amy also told me about a service day they are having and that it would be good for me to go and talk with other volunteers and with some other organizations and see where I might want to volunteer long term. There are a few ministries I already want to volunteer with. One is a mentor opportunity for girls in low-income neighborhoods. The other is for children healing from abuse. I really hope to work out a schedule that allows me to go out to these places and serve. I can't tell you how overwhelming and exciting this is.

God has His reasons for His timing. He fills in the blank spaces when its time to.

BTW: anyone who wants to should check out the website and see if this is something you want to join me in doing.
www.streetgrace.org

The Service Day is February 20th. I am planning on going as of now.

I would appreciate prayers about this, that I follow God's guidance with regards to where I volunteer, and for strength as I see broken families and hurting children.

1 comment:

  1. It's unreal observing how God uses different people, giving them different passions and desires to serve Him through tens of thousands of means.

    I love watching you serve and grow in this particular capacity for social justice!

    ReplyDelete